5 Mar 2018

,

Book Review / Before I Go to Sleep by SJ Watson


Christine wakes up every morning in an unfamiliar bed with an unfamiliar man. She looks in the mirror and sees an unfamiliar, middle-aged face. And every morning, the man she has woken up with must explain that he is Ben, he is her husband, she is forty-seven years old, and a terrible accident two decades earlier decimated her ability to form new memories.

Every day, Christine must begin again the reconstruction of her past. And the closer she gets to the truth, the more unbelievable it seems.



Published:     14th June 2011
Publisher:  Harper
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand Alone
Source:  Library




MY REVIEW


What I liked about this story...  I have been meaning to pick up this book for years so I thought it was about time that I did!  I am still in a bit of a thriller reading kick right now so what's a better time to pick this one up?!   We follow Christine in this story who every time she wakes up she doesn't remember her life after her 20s (ish - can't remember exactly).  We see her slowly wake up and start her day with reminders left for her by her husband.  What her husband doesn't know is that Christine is seeking help outside of the home and recording it in a journal so she doesn't forget it day after day. What he also doesn't know if that Christine has found some things out, some things that he would rather she not remember.  The suspense in this book kept me at the edge of my seat.  Although I was not able to read this in one sitting, I would have if I could! 


What I didn't like about this story... I did find Christine very trusting of her husband and the people she meets along the way despite the fact that every time she wakes up she doesn't know who she is or where she is.  How can she trust or believe what someone she has just 'met' say to her? 



0 comments: