1 Jan 2018

Reading Challenges 2017 and 2018

Its been a bit of a roller coaster this year for me in reading.  I have gone through periods where I can't get enough of reading and periods where I just didn't want to read at all.  I am so pleased with myself to be able reach my goal of over 100 books this year as my plans for next year are even bigger!

I hope you have all had a wonderful reading year and looking forward to all the fantastic new and reading in 2018.




Goodreads 100 Book Challenge - Done it!  I can't actually believe I achieved this one as I really didn't think I would.  So pleased!

Read Your Own Book Challenge - I read a total of 35 of my own books this year which is good but I plan on doing better next year.

Big Book Challenge -  26 books on this list and I wasn't even trying, to be honest.  I just picked books I wanted to read and they just happened to be big books. 

Jodi Picoult Challenge - Failed on this one I am afraid. I read one of hers but the problem I have is that I love her writing but they are always very slow reads and I just wasn't in the mood for that this year. 

Read 5 Classics Challenge - Nope, failed on this one too.  I don't think I even read one classic.  That's really bad of me...


2018 Reading Challenge Goals

Goodreads 150 Book Challenge - Yes, this one is on my list again but I have upped my game.  I have never read that many books before so I am intrigued to find out how I do.

Read Your Own Book Challenge - Always a goal of mine to make sure that I read from my own shelf and not review books or books that I have only just bought..

Big Book Challenge -  A true staple in my challenges that can often get forgotten.


As you can see, I am keeping it simple this year.  There may be one or two other challenges I set myself along the way but as I intend to read 150 books I thought it was best to keep it simple!

0 comments: